Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sewing project

   I think I might be getting the hang of this sewing thing. Of course I could definitely use some more practice. I got some cheap fabric from Joann's the other day. I'm too scared to mess up any good fabric, so I just stick with cheap and recycled for now. After watching multiple videos on different kinds of circle skirt sewing techniques, I made one that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear in public! The material was a little difficult to work with. It's a 100% polyester bridal satin. I think a jersey knit or something with a little give would have been better. The biggest challenges for me were sewing the elastic and the hem. I didn't give up though, I pushed through. I actually stretched the project out over a few days, but that's ok because I still came back to it and finished.


   What do you think? I think Isabel likes it. Just watch her twirl! 


No comments: